Gala Film Spearheads a New Era of Entertainment
[PRESS RELEASE – Please Read Disclaimer]
Gala, the successful blockchain gaming and music platform have announced the launch of Gala Film. The new platform continues the brand’s commitment to providing fans with unique opportunities to enrich their experiences with levels of involvement only possible through Web3.
The core benefit of Gala Film is its ability to offer a ‘Watch and Earn’ mechanic through the same blockchain technology that underpins Gala Music’s ‘Listen and Earn’ and Gala Games’ ‘Play and Earn’ ecosystem, offering fans ways to earn rewards through nodes and NFTs.
This new platform launches with the backing of several notable partners and benefits both fans and filmmakers. With Gala Film, fans now have the power to actively participate in the content they consume, take control of their entertainment through digital ownership and support new projects by voting on script choices or casting.
Filmmakers and artists can also reclaim their creative licence through a deeper connection with their audiences and the ability to distribute their content directly to the people that want to watch it.
By adding film alongside its successful music and games platforms, Gala is also able to offer an interoperable ecosystem where fans can benefit from crossover content. For example, by giving fans ownership of content in films, they may also benefit from involvement in the film’s soundtrack, or an accompanying game based on the film.
Sarah Buxton, COO of Gala, said: “The launch of Gala Film marks the beginning of a new era in Web3 entertainment, led by Gala. Our ecosystem offers exceptional involvement and access to new launches, with fans able to enjoy unique experiences, empower creatives and get rewarded for doing so. We are committed to delivering fan-first entertainment, where technology is used to improve fan experiences without ever becoming a barrier to entry or enjoyment.”
Gala Film has recently announced several upcoming projects and partnerships, including:
- A partnership with Oscar-nominated and Emmy Award Winning Stick Figure Productions which has produced over 400+ hours of film and television for more than 40 networks and studios such as HBO, SHOWTIME, FOX, ESPN, IFC, E!, VH1, TWC, BBC, A&E, and National Geographic
- A partnership with Ai&Aiko, one of the most popular GIF lines in history was awarded GIPHY’S Number 1 Artist of the Year with over 48 billion views and holds 4 Guinness World Records. This will see Peter Draw’s simplistic and charming visual storytelling brought to life through the Gala Film platform
- A partnership with Filmmaker and Actor, David Bianchi (“True Story’’ Netflix, “Resident Alien” Universal / Peacock) and founder of Exertion3 (a blockchain film production company) to produce Live Action Sci-Fi Series “RAZOR” for Exclusive Blockchain Release
- A partnership with Battle Island in the production of their animated series ‘Ghosts of Ruin’
- ‘Making the Chronic’ – a series of 16 short films where Snoop Dogg narrates each of the tracks on his album released through Gala Music, with four of these shown at the event
Gala is a world-leading Web3 entertainment company that uses blockchain technology to power digital ownership and rewards, creating a revolutionary new way of building and consuming entertainment. Launched in 2019 with Gala Games, Gala is the parent company to Gala Games, Gala Music and Gala Film. The vision brings all three brands together in the shared pursuit of offering fans unique and immersive experiences powered by Web3. Gala also gives creative licence back to content creators and emerging talent with a direct route to fans and the ability to offer genuine involvement in new projects. For more information, visit:https://links.gala.com/IuyBwu1i