Optimism (OP) Skyrockets to New ATH, Gains Over 40% Weekly
Optimism continues to perform. The cryptocurrency just painted a fresh all-time high which, at this point, happens almost daily.
This brings its total gains for the week to around 43%.
- Optimism continues to be one of the best performers within the cryptocurrency market, and its native token – OP – managed to increase by 43% in the past seven days.
- Its monthly gains are even more impressive, clocking in at around 230% for the past 30 days.
- At the time of this writing, OP trades at around $3.22 (on Binance), charting a fresh all-time high.
- The impressive price performance comes on the back of a considerable increase in the total value locked in the protocol, which is currently sitting at a 3-month high.
- The last time the TVL was so high was back in November 2022.
- It’s also worth noting that OP is amongst the leaders in derivatives trading volume, and its tumultuous price action has led to about $3.5 million worth of liquidated positions in the past day alone.
- As CryptoPotato reported yesterday, the Optimism Foundation released a proposal regarding upgrading the mainnet to provide a “new level of modularity, simplicity, and Ethereum equivalence for Layer-2 solutions, providing unprecedented performance and functionality.”
- The upgrade would also reduce transaction costs, and increase throughput characteristics and sync speeds.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.